Saturday, February 10, 2007

Birthday's, Snow and DIY

Firstly I'd like to say Happy Birthday to 4 very special people. My three sisters Jenny, Sally and Lorna and my boyfriend Bas. Jenny and Sally turned 23 and 21 on 1st February, Bas turned 27 on 4th February and Lorna turned 19 on 8th February. I think I need to petition to get some birthday's moved, its a very busy week!

For Bas's birthday we had Yoris and Jennifer round who are very old friends of his (in fact Bas was there when Yoris was born, although he was only 6 months old) and also Pavel a friend of both of ours who is completely insane. It was very bizarre as Yoris and Pavel had never met each other before but you'd have thought they were best friends they got on so well!! Here are some pictures of the evening and I am now convinced that Bas and all his friends are on a mission to have the same hair!



Pavel, Yoris and Jennifer

Pavel proving how long his tongue is!

We then continued work on the bathroom. The rest of the metal plates got put down by Bas which I couldn't really help out with (mostly because I was scared of all the sparks coming off the saw) and then we had to section off the floor with big bits of wood so that we could pour the cement in. And yesterday we got the first section of cement done and I'm sure I got more on myself that on the floor, but it was good fun and I'm feeling very smug and proud now. Here is a picture of our awesome work together with Bas looking very scary. So we'll get the floor finished on Monday which means we can start doing fun stuff like tiling soon and it will start to look cool.


And finally, we had the first snow I've seen in Holland the other day. It actually stayed on the ground for a bit but was gone by evening. Here is a pic out of our bedroom window across the road to the canal (the cyclist proves that its really Holland).

No comments: